THE MUSIC STARTS AUTOMATICALLY. IT CAN BE TURNED DOWN OR OFF ON THE PLAYER
WELCOME TO THE SITE WHICH IS SET OUT INTO THREE MAIN AREAS
- Peter John Bailey is a musician, composer, teacher and producer he owns and operates CLOSE COMFORT STUDIO and is founder of THE ACADEMY OF ANCIENT AND MODERN MUSIC.
- His music covers many genres, styles and techniques, merging the old with the new: whilst disliking categories, but understanding the demands of today's marketing strategies he would describe his music as World Music, Classical Crossover. It is a music that encompasses Neuvo and Rumba Flamenco, Jazz, Blues, Folk and Rock and is profoundly influenced by Spanish Classical guitar, Baroque music and Finger style Country Blues.
- Using modern technology in his teaching methods he is presently producing and evolving teaching manuals and CD's that exploit this technology, particularly with the use of sound loops and loop pedals. His greatest passion is acoustic instrumentation, yet he has realised the potential to realise his compositions using modern recording techniques, electronic instrumentation, sampled orchestral sounds which are then mixed and blended with acoustic instruments.
- This section of the site is dedicated to his work as a musician, composer, producer, teacher and instrument builder. It is also to promote his recorded music, compositions and range of musical education materials, such as practice and tutorial CD's, loops, videos, books, eBooks, and online lessons
- This is a learning centre, and musical workshop based presently at CLOSE COMFORT STUDIO, plus an online library of multimedia musical resources; the result of many, many years of organising, compiling and digitizing a vast collection of material. It includes audio and MIDI files, orchestral scores, song books, sheet music, text books on music theory, harmony, orchestration, arranging and improvisation, videos, tablature, notation, sound samples, VST plug-ins and Freeware music software, plus many links to music websites. This material covers all styles of music: Early Music, Baroque, Classical and Romantic periods, Folk, Country, Blues, Jazz, Flamenco, and Rock music. Whilst predominantly for keyboard, bass and guitar players, it has material useful to all musicians from beginners to accomplished musicians, including contemporary computer orientated musicians.
- It is also the name he uses, in his recordings, for his virtual orchestra.
Close Comfort Studio has been through many incarnations over the last 35 years, starting in Montreal, Canada. I chose the name as I was always setting up my studio in very small spaces, this latest incarnation is the most sophisticated yet and is now set in a beautiful and spacious environment in the Cathar country of the Aude, South of France.